Thursday, January 10, 2008

What Happened??

OK -- I know it is cliche, but where did the time go? It lately has really been hitting me hard how fast children really do grow up. Most days I feel like I am just trying to survive from one nap to the next bedtime. However, recently I've been a bit overwhelmed at how quickly it is passing me by. Here are a few examples:

Sunday was a big day for our family as it was Kaelynn's first day of Primary! No more nursery for her, she's in with the big kids and proud of it too! For quite a while I was glued to the glass in the door (along with a few other mom's) watching her sit so cutely in her littler chair. She did really well and I was so proud of her!! Here is a picture of her Primary debut:



And here is my next one...




Somehow this girl is now 15 months old!! I swear I was just pregnant with her a few months ago -- completely crazy!! Anyway, she had her 15-month check-up and passed with flying colors. How grateful I am to have healthy children. She also finally weighs 20 pounds and has moved from the 3-5% to the 10th percentile!! WOO HOO, I guess all her eating is moving her up the chart!

Here are some tidbits about Alicia:
* She's really sweet and loves to hold you and put her head down and say "oohhh", that's called giving loves at our house. She even gives her toys loves.
* She's very calm and is usually only demanding when she sees food -- I said the girl eats!
* She LOVES her big sister! She wants to know where she is at all times and if you are holding her she will practically twist out of your arms to see Kaelynn.
* She doesn't have too many intelligible words yet but she does say "hi","uh-oh", "more" and is giving Kaelynn's name a valiant effort. She definitely has a lot on her mind though and jabbers A LOT!
* She loves her blankies!! When she is tired she will get one of her blankies and put it down on the ground and then lay on top of it. Pretty nice to have those easy to read signals!

So... they are growing up fast. We love them so much and feel so blessed to have them in our lives.

4 comments:

Darilyn said...

I love your girls. I can't believe they are that old already. Especially Alicia. It does seem like you just had her.

Aundrea said...

They are so cute! Kaelynn looked adorable for her primary debut:) And, I haven't seen Alicia since she was tiny so it really does seem like you were just pregnant with her!

Merilee said...

Oh my goodness, those girls are adorable. Alicia does look so much more grown up. Congrats to Kaelynn for graduating from the nursery.

Jen said...

I am so glad I found your blog!!! I got a hold of Darilyn's. I have been wondering how you have been doing. This will be great to catch up! You can check out our blog as well. We will in Denver now and really love it. Your girls are so CUTE!