This is a phrase that my dear K says to me often. It started over a year ago when I would tell her that someday she would be a Mom and could do things how she wanted. There have been a few funny things she has said in reference to this and I thought I better get them recorded (surely they'll come in handy when I'm talking with her in 20+ years)!!
**One night after being in bed and getting up to go to the bathroom, I was taking her back to bed and she said to me, "Mom, someday when I am a Mom guess what I am going to do?" I asked what and she replied, "when it is 7:00, I am going to stay up." What was hilarious about this was the look on her face, she was had this look of being ecstatic and mischievous all at the same time.
**Yesterday after a few errands the conversation in the van went like this:
K: "Mom, when I am a mom and have kids if they want to go to the park, I will just get them in my van and drive them there right when they want to go."
Me: "Wow! That sounds like it will be fun."
K: "Yeah, and when I am at a store with my kids and they want something, I will just get it for them so they don't have to be sad or do any crying."
Me: "Great, that will be really fun."
K: "And, when they want me to make something if I don't know how, I will tell them I need to find a recipe and then I will make it for you."
Me: "K. Sounds like you will be a great Mom."
K: "Yeah, I will, and I love you too Mom."
It was so funny I was having a hard time not busting up laughing. Clearly, I can see where she thinks my weaknesses are, and she was probably trying to drop me some subtle hints!
(We do have a park day scheduled for Friday...)
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
How funny! I love the conversation about "your weaknesses"... your responses to her sound just like you! :)
This is hilarious. She is so spunky.
This is great! K is so much fun!
Very nicely stated, even followed with a compliment! :)
I always tell myself the best part of being a grown-up is being able to eat as many cookies as you want, which is way more than 2!
Very cute, a good chuckle!
that is so funny. She cracks me up. Kids are just so much more intelligent than we give them credit for.
I remember saying those kind of things to my mom - and yet, I do not drop everything and run to the park. I guess I'm not living the dream :)
Post a Comment